This subclass 576 visa is granted to those international students who are sponsored by AusAID or Defence to study a full-time course of any type in Australia.
Who can apply for this visa?
This visa is for you if you want to do one of the following:
- apply for your first student visa
- renew your student visa
- Apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa.
How much will this visa cost?
You must pay a non-refundable visa application amount when you lodge your visa application.
See: Student Visa Charges
AusAID or Defence Sponsored Sector Visa Features:
With this visa:
- You can study in australia until the end of your course
- eligible dependant family members can accompany you to Australia
- When you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to 20 hours per week while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
- Your family members can work up to 20 hours per week provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia.
- If you have been granted a Australian Student visa before 26 April 2008 you and your dependent family members may need to apply separately for Permission to Work.
- Your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
- If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.